As of November 2008, we are no longer producing a print version
of 52nd City Magazine. We will be periodically posting/publishing
works on our
new blog. The submission guidelines below still apply.
- Residency: Our magazine showcases work by writers and artists who currently
live in the St. Louis metropolitan area or who have spent
significant time here.
- Biography: Submissions should include a brief bio.
For ideas on length and content, please look at the bios on this
site or in the print edition.
- Contact Information: Include your name, as you wish to
see it published, address, email address and phone number with
- Titles: Please title your piece. We are amazed by the
number of submissions we receive without them.
- Poetry: WE DO NOT ACCEPT UNSOLICITED POETRY
- Artwork: All artwork must be in digital format at least 300 dpi and at least
6” in its smallest dimension and saved as a jpg.
- Response Time: Please allow 6-8 weeks for a
response--sometimes longer. We all have full-time jobs in addition
to our work on the magazine.
- Usage Rights: By submitting your work, you give 52nd
City the rights to reproduce your work in print, online, or on CD.
Please email all submissions (prose, poetry, artwork) and any
inquiries to 52ndcity at gmail dot com.
Submission Calendar (subject to change)
- October 2008: CRUEL & UNUSUAL (Submission deadline September 1, 2008)
- April 2009: RIGHT/WRONG (Submission Deadline February 1, 2009)
- October 2009: TRIPS (Submission deadline August 1, 2009)
- April 2010: FANS (Submission deadline February 1, 2010)
- October 2010: FAKE (Submission deadline August 1, 2010)