By Siem Reap's
Ruins, a New Night Scene | Stefene Russell
Party of 17 | Giacomo Volante
COVER PRINTED BY
ART DIRECTION BY
Decker, Brett Beckemeyer, Thomas Crone, Arpad Ikuma Czismazia, Jay
David, Thom Fletcher, Dave Gray, Angela Hamilton, Devin Johnston,
Chris King, Nicole Rainey, Emily Randall, Geoff Story, Eduardo Vigil
30 Foreign Exchange Students|
by Lindsey Durway
- Fumiko thought that in America, all roads led to the movie
- Ultimately, only Kim gave a crap about Goetz's incredible
- Cocky Scott taught us the word "twattie."
- Paola never knew what was going on.
- You'd be covering Oliver out on left wing, and then, poof,
- Simon tried to hide his innocent charm with wit and pedantry.
- The other Simon was simply hidden.
- Fiesty Miranda said the UK has more than one math.
- Jolly Miranda giggled a lot.
- Short-haired Didier carried a baise-en-ville, which means
- Long-haired Didier said little, played soccer in converse
- Nick used the phrase "veritable badinage" on the air.
- Greek, who was known only as Greek, wore a feather earring.
- Miguel taught us how to pronounce Poulenc.
- Until you got to know her, Marie Christine left you
- Nathalie was a good sport.
- Anna and the other girl kept to themselves.
- Jacques walked straight into class after a 2000-mile bus trip.
- Francois tried to throw himself through a bulletproof store
- John Peter never uttered a word of English until the
conversation turned to religion.
- Keng said it was the "chemicals in my brain," not our
philosophers, that were the problem.
- Magda's best friend was God, with whom she had long
- Fozzie had it all worked out: Shirley would learn Arabic; he
would marry her; he would get a free ride to America.
- Christine was happy to take a few hundred francs for a
- Dan spoke Tshiluba to the campus dogs.
- Hobbit-like Tim tugged at his forelock when speaking on the
- Shannon screamed obscenities until the liberty launch pilot
let her on the boat.
- Years later, Margaret would return and marry her former
- Once there, Mary refused to meet up with her friend because he
- Lisa might not have gone had she known that she would end up
giving Dr. L. his morphine shot every night.
Lindsey Durway still dreams of the chocolate croissants of